With the controversy surrounding this year’s Sochi Olympics, it’s not strange to see an LGBT Olympic ad calling for equal rights. This ad uses one of the Olympic events to show that "The games have always been a little gay."
This ad was created by the Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion and shows two lugers vigorously and suggestively thrusting while in the starting position. This ad points out that the entire Olympics has always had a little LGBT in it and that it should be allowed to flourish.
With Sochi Mayor Anatoly Pakhomov’s stating that "there are no gays in Sochi" and banning the community outright, this LGBT Olympic ad is a welcome sight. The Olympics start within days and all athletes, gay or not, will be putting their best effort forward.
This LGBT Olympic Ad Shows That Gay Rights are Nothing New to Sports
1. LGBT Inclusion - There is a need for increased visibility and inclusion of the LGBT community in sports and other industries.
2. Controversial Marketing - Provocative and controversial advertising can generate buzz and start important conversations around social issues.
3. Diversity & Inclusion Advocacy - Organizations can take a stand for diversity and inclusion through impactful advertising and advocacy efforts.
1. Sports - The sports industry has an opportunity to lead by example and prioritize diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the industry, from athlete recruitment to advertising.
2. Marketing & Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can use controversial and provocative campaigns to bring attention to important social issues and advocate for change.
3. Advocacy Groups - Non-profit advocacy groups can use creative and impactful advertising campaigns to raise awareness and support for their cause, as evidenced by the Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion's Olympic ad.