Leonardo DiCaprio and World Wildlife Fund (WWF) have teamed up to try and save the tigers. The campaign which the actor has lent his name to, is called 'Save The Tigers Now.' The WWF campaign hopes that by raising awareness about the tigers plight, they can help rebuild the dwindling population. There are only 3,200 tigers which remain in the wild and thus, tigers are very close to extinction.
DiCaprio is known to be an avid activist, even creating a documentary about the environment called the '11th Hour.' Leonardo DiCaprio and World Wildlife Fund hope to raise $20 million which will hopefully double the tiger population by 2022.
Leonardo DiCaprio and World Wildlife Fund Team up to Save The Tigers
1. Celebrity Environmental Activism - The collaboration between Leonardo DiCaprio and World Wildlife Fund highlights the trend of celebrities using their platforms to raise awareness and support for environmental causes.
2. Species Conservation - The campaign 'Save The Tigers Now' reflects the trend of organizations working to protect endangered species and prevent their extinction through fundraising and awareness campaigns.
3. Documentaries on Environmental Issues - Leonardo DiCaprio's documentary '11th Hour' exemplifies the trend of using film and media as a powerful tool to educate and engage people on crucial environmental issues.
1. Nonprofit and Conservation Organizations - The partnership between DiCaprio and WWF showcases opportunities for nonprofits and conservation organizations to collaborate with influential figures in order to amplify their missions and fundraising efforts.
2. Film and Entertainment - The success of '11th Hour' and DiCaprio's involvement in saving tigers presents opportunities for filmmakers and entertainers to use their platforms to advocate for environmental causes and drive meaningful change.
3. Sustainable Tourism - The declining tiger population highlights the need for sustainable tourism practices and opportunities for the travel industry to promote wildlife conservation and responsible travel experiences.