Dutch designer Mario Minale created this Red Blue LEGO Chair made entirely out of LEGO bricks and aluminum. Due to the aluminum frame, the LEGO chair can be used as functional, albeit uncomfortable and cushion-less, seating. The chair is 84 cm or 33 1/8 inches high and was manufactured by Amsterdam-based Droog Design. The extremely limited edition chair is on auction at Phillips de Pury and Company, a New York-based auction house, and is estimated to fetch between £20,000-25,000. Only five editions of the LEGO Chair were made plus two artist’s proofs and one prototype.
Additional Source: Lego Chair
Mario Minale's Limited Edition Building Block Seating
1. Lego-inspired Furniture - Designing furniture and seating using LEGO bricks presents opportunities to combine playfulness and functionality.
2. Limited Edition Collectibles - Creating limited edition pieces, like the LEGO chair, can drive exclusivity and appeal to collectors.
3. Aluminum Frame Innovations - Exploring the use of aluminum frames in furniture design can offer lightweight, durable, and customizable options.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can capitalize on the trend of LEGO-inspired furniture to offer unique and customizable pieces to customers.
2. Art and Collectibles Auction - The art and collectibles auction industry can tap into the demand for limited edition items like the LEGO chair, creating a lucrative market for exclusive pieces.
3. Metalworking and Fabrication - The metalworking and fabrication industry can explore innovative uses of aluminum frames in furniture design, providing new solutions for customers seeking lightweight and durable products.