Sportswear giant PUMA has slickly nudged its way into the world of eSports by securing a partnership with Cloud9's League of Legends Championship Series and thus, the sporty apparel brand will provide the official jerseys and shoes for the LCS team. As of right now, the collaboration is only valid for the 2019 Spring Split, however, there is a possibility that it will be extended. In addition to dressing the LCS team on game day, PUMA is also tasked with providing uniforms for team management.
As Cloud9 is "one of esports’ most valuable and successful brands," the partnership can give PUMA a lot of exposure within the parameters of an industry that is rapidly expanding.
PUMA is the Official Apparel Provider for the Cloud9 LCS Team
1. Esports Apparel Partnerships - Opportunity for sportswear brands to collaborate with eSports teams and provide official apparel and merchandise.
2. Brand Expansion Into Esports - A growing trend of non-gaming brands partnering with eSports teams to tap into the rapidly expanding market and gain exposure.
3. Sports and Gaming Crossover - Increasing convergence between traditional sports and eSports, creating opportunities for sports apparel brands to enter the gaming industry.
1. Sportswear - Sportswear brands can explore collaborations with eSports teams to expand their market reach and showcase innovation in gaming apparel.
2. Esports - Team sponsorships and partnerships present opportunities for eSports organizations to secure financial support and elevate their branding through non-gaming collaborations.
3. Merchandise & Licensing - Companies can develop and sell licensed merchandise for eSports teams, leveraging the popularity of eSports and fandom to drive sales.