A Canadian Agency by the name of Cossette, devised a creative idea to advertise McDonalds 24 hour restaurant locations. They decided to create billboards that would only appear at night; throughout the day the board is blank, and once night falls, the message appears. The reflective billboard is activated with a driver’s headlight as they drive by, and the words “Open All Night” appear, along with the famous Golden Arches logo.
With so much advertising bombarding us everywhere, the reflective billboard only reveals itself when useful. Late night truck drivers and travelers would definitely appreciate knowing that a McDonalds is near by, and are the target market for late night diners. Companies, now more than ever, are coming up with creative ways to reach their audience.
McDonald’s reflective billboards are a simple yet effective marketing effort.
Cossette Creates a Creative Advertising Ploy for McDonald's
1. Reflective Billboards - The use of reflective billboards that activate at night presents opportunities for innovative and attention-grabbing advertising campaigns.
2. Targeted Late Night Advertising - Targeting late night truck drivers and travelers with billboards that only appear at night could lead to increased business for restaurants and convenience stores.
3. Creative Advertising Solutions - The development of inventive advertising tactics, such as the reflective billboard, reflects the industry's ongoing pursuit of unique and engaging marketing strategies.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry can explore the use of reflective billboards as an effective and attention-capturing medium for their clients' campaigns.
2. Fast Food - Fast food chains, like McDonald's, could adopt the use of reflective billboards to target potential late night customers and enhance their brand visibility.
3. Transportation - The transportation industry could benefit from partnering with advertisers to provide useful information, such as locating nearby restaurants, to late night drivers through innovative billboard solutions.