Richard Moriarty, from Newport Beach, hung his 1974 Lamborghini to the wall of his estate. His mansion already consists of indoor rifle ranges, bowling alleys and a 28-foot-high interior waterfall. Moriarty purchased the vehicle ten years ago and was tired of getting it towed when it stalled so he decided why not hang it on his wall. So he hired a 70 tonne crane and a five man crew to lower the 1 000 pound, engine-less vehicle into his house.
The car hangs over his solid glass staircase that leads to his wine cellar by half-inch thick steel cable. The car is also plugged into the home's electrical system so the inside lights can be turned on. Moriarty feels the look is not complete and wants to add some tire marks on the wall.
1. Luxury Car Interior Design - With the rise of affluent homeowners looking to showcase their expensive automobiles, there is an opportunity to disrupt the interior design industry by creating unique and aesthetically pleasing car display solutions.
2. Innovative Home Decor - The growing trend of incorporating unconventional objects, like cars, as decorative pieces in luxury homes presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the home decor industry by offering unique and customizable display options.
3. Interactive Art Installations - The desire to create immersive and visually striking environments in residential spaces opens up a disruptive innovation opportunity for artists and designers to create interactive art installations incorporating vehicles as captivating focal points.
1. Interior Design - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for interior designers to develop innovative car display solutions that seamlessly integrate luxury vehicles into the design of high-end homes.
2. Home Decor - The trend of incorporating unconventional objects as decorative pieces in luxury homes creates a disruptive innovation opportunity for home decor companies to offer unique and customizable car display options.
3. Art and Design - The growing demand for immersive and visually striking art installations in residential spaces presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for artists and designers to create interactive installations that incorporate vehicles as captivating focal points.