Inspired by the deep web, a little known phenomenon of our vast internet world, the Lafaille Fall/Winter 2014 collection defies convention with its dark and ambiguous design aesthetic.
In creating this vivid line of menswear, the collection's designer explored the dark and hidden aspects of today's internet world that served as the main visual inspiration for his structured streetwear garments.
From a vivid contrast of red and black garments to an array of sharply studded choker accessories, the Lafaille Fall/Winter 2014 collection takes on a punk rock aesthetic that reveals hidden messages.
Some of the phrases that can be seen in this conceptual collection include the slogans "Connection Lost" and "Torrent Injection" that are cleverly displayed on athletic sweaters and statement tees.
The Lafaille Fall/Winter 2014 Collection References the Deep Web
1. Dark Web Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to create edgy and unconventional designs inspired by the dark and hidden aspects of the internet.
2. Structured Streetwear - Potential for streetwear brands to incorporate structured designs and punk rock aesthetics into their collections to create unique and rebellious styles.
3. Hidden Message Apparel - Disruptive innovation opportunity for apparel brands to incorporate hidden messages or cryptic phrases into their designs, adding an element of intrigue and mystery for the consumers.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the dark web as inspiration to create unconventional designs and push boundaries, catering to a niche market.
2. Streetwear - Streetwear brands can experiment with structured designs and punk rock aesthetics to tap into the demand for edgy and unique fashion styles.
3. Apparel - Apparel brands can incorporate hidden messages or cryptic phrases into their garments, creating a sense of intrigue and appeal for a target audience seeking unique fashion pieces.