For 420 this year, Milk Makeup is releasing a "high volume" Kush Mascara that is made with conditioning CBD-rich cannabis oil. The formula is said to boast heart-shaped fibers that fuse to lashes in order to create thick, double-volume lashes. The mascara can be swept over one's lashes with the tree-shaped brush applicator for long-lasting definition and curl.
The New York-based beauty brand recently committed to removing all animal products—such as beeswax, lanolin and carmine—from its beauty collection. Naturally, new products from Milk Makeup like the Kush Mascara are now 100% vegan. As Milk Makeup notes: "When we started talking about coming out with vegan mascara, we knew we couldn't use beeswax, a common binding component in mascara formulas. That's where cannabis oil comes in—it gives the formula a creamy texture that allows for smoother application on lashes and an easier, tug-free removal, as well as an additional conditioning benefit."
Milk Makeup's 'Kush Mascara' is Formulated with Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil
1. Vegan Cannabis Cosmetics - The combination of veganism and cannabis presents an opportunity for innovative cosmetic products, such as mascara with CBD-rich cannabis oil.
2. Heart-shaped Fiber Formulas - Formulas that utilize heart-shaped fibers to create thick, double-volume lashes offer an opportunity for disruption in the mascara industry.
3. Tree-shaped Brush Applicators - Mascara applicators with unique shapes present an opportunity for innovative and effective mascara products.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - The beauty and cosmetics industry can capitalize on the trend of vegan and cannabis-based products, such as Milk Makeup's Kush Mascara.
2. CBD and Cannabis - With the increasing popularity of cannabis and CBD usage in cosmetics, the CBD and cannabis industry can innovate and expand their product offerings.
3. Mascara and Eye Makeup - The mascara and eye makeup industry can benefit from developing unique formulas and applicators, such as those used in Milk Makeup's Kush Mascara.