Some consumers are craving spicy snacks more than ever before as they seek out new options to satisfy their hunger, which is seeing product ranges like Krakatoa Hot Chips come about. Developed by Amplify Snack Brands, the chips are a spicy range of kettle-cooked potato chips that come in five delicious flavor options including Sour King, Hot Hot Honey Pot, Mustard's Revenge, Kung Pow! and Black Magic. Each one of the flavors are formulated with a different kind of pepper or chili and have either a mild, medium or hot heat level.
Creator of Krakatoa Hot Chips Jeff Day spoke on the new snacks saying, "Look at the ingredients in many spicy snacks and you won’t even see a pepper listed. We set out to change that. Every flavor of Krakatoa not only uses a combination of awesome, tongue-tingling peppers, but we also measure the exact heat intensity in Scoville Heat Units of every bite. Nobody else is doing that! We’re proud to celebrate spice lovers and excited to spread the fire.”
The Krakatoa Hot Chips Come in Five Intense Flavors
1. Spicy Snack Cravings - As consumers seek out new options to satisfy their hunger, there is a growing demand for spicy snacks.
2. Pepper-infused Flavors - Product ranges like Krakatoa Hot Chips are incorporating different kinds of peppers and chilies to create intense flavor options.
3. Heat Intensity Measurement - Krakatoa Hot Chips sets itself apart by measuring the exact heat intensity in Scoville Heat Units, offering a unique experience for spice lovers.
1. Snack Food Industry - The snack food industry can capitalize on the increased demand for spicy snacks by introducing new product ranges or expanding existing spice-infused offerings.
2. Food Packaging Industry - With the rise in popularity of flavorful and spicy snack options, the food packaging industry can explore innovative packaging designs that enhance the consumer experience and preserve the chips' quality.
3. Consumer Goods Industry - The consumer goods industry can create new market opportunities by developing and launching products that cater to the growing segment of spice lovers, like the Krakatoa Hot Chips.