Social media has proven to be a great launching ground for marketing campaigns, especially those focused on social responsibility such as the Kraft 'Huddle to Fight Hunger' campaign.
The Kraft 'Huddle to Fight Hunger' campaign is an initiative that has as its goal to donate 4 million meals to Feeding America through the use of online and mobile activities. It is part of the brand's overall goal to donate 25 million meals to Feeding America, says PSFK. According to the Kraft 'Huddle to Fight Hunger' Facebook page, the company was able to donate an astounding 21 million meals to Feeding America in 2010.
The campaign is centered on the brand's Facebook page, which asks fans and visitors to play a '2-Minute Trivia Drill' game. Every point earned in the game equals a one-meal donation that Kraft will make to Feeding America. So far, already 10 million donations have been made.
Kraft 'Huddle to Fight Hunger' Campaign Asks Users to Play & Donate
1. Social Responsibility Campaigns - Opportunity for brands to leverage social media platforms and engage audiences in campaigns focused on social responsibility.
2. Gamification for Donations - Utilizing gamification elements to encourage user participation and donations for charitable causes.
3. Online and Mobile Activism - Expanding the reach and impact of activism through online and mobile platforms.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can harness interactive gamification to promote social responsibility and engage customers in their brand campaigns.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Non-profit organizations can explore innovative ways to attract donations by incorporating gamified experiences and leveraging social media platforms.
3. Digital Marketing - Digital marketing agencies can develop strategies and campaigns that combine gamification and social responsibility to create impactful online and mobile initiatives.