The KLM Personal Space Experiment sets out to prove the importance of an individuals need for an invisible bubble around them. The Royal Dutch Airline set loose a “personal space invader” who awkwardly places himself next to people, a little too close for comfort. A candid camera captures the hilarious stunt, as strange looks and obvious annoyance ensues.
Although the results are rather predictable, the KLM Personal Space Experiment manages to examine the boundaries of social acceptability in an interesting campaign for its business class travel.
The Humorously Akward KLM Personal Space Experiment
1. Personal Space Campaigns - Companies can create innovative ad campaigns that explore social boundaries and norms for their target audience.
2. Candid Camera Advertising - Brands can utilize candid camera techniques to capture authentic reactions and emotions from customers for their marketing materials.
3. Humorous Marketing Stunts - Businesses can generate brand awareness and customer engagement through funny marketing stunts that surprise and delight their audience.
1. Airline Industry - Airlines can use personal space as a marketing advantage by offering more space or privacy options to customers.
2. Advertising Industry - Advertising agencies can leverage new ideas from candid camera campaigns to create fresh, entertaining ads for their clients.
3. Tourism Industry - Tourism companies can use humorous marketing stunts to create viral campaigns that attract younger audiences and promote unique travel experiences.