The latest KLM advertising campaign took place on July 5th, which is also Comic Sans Day. This typeface has a notoriously bad reputation for being a poor font choice, unfortunately it is still widely used on public signs, presentations and documents. Thankfully, some of its uses are playful and meant to be ironic, like this KLM Airline campaign.
To celebrate Comic Sans Day, the airline turned all of the type on its front page to Comic Sans. This might have come as a shock to some of the sites visitors, but it was meant to generate interest in a draw for customers to win two tickets to fly from the Netherlands to Paris. This one day prank is a great way to show that KLM has a great sense of humor.
This Klm Advertising Campaign Changed All of Its Fonts to Comic Sans
1. Playful Advertising Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Find creative and humorous ways to engage and attract customers through unconventional marketing strategies.
2. Font Design and Typography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new font choices and typographical styles that appeal to modern audiences and enhance brand messaging.
3. Ironic Branding - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Use irony and unexpected elements in branding to create memorable and attention-grabbing experiences that set brands apart.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace unconventional approaches to advertising and marketing to capture consumer attention in a saturated market.
2. Graphic Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative and visually appealing fonts and typography designs that challenge traditional norms and captivate audiences.
3. Brand Identity and Communication - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ironic and unexpected branding strategies to create a unique and memorable brand identity that resonates with consumers.