The Kim Residence was completed by (fer) Studio, and exhibits energy efficient features such as reflective paint that helps regulate the temperature in the house.
The entire design for the house was a challenging one, since the abode was built in the 1950s. The plan called for a 900 square foot upgrade from what used to be a one storey rancher house. Not only were a few additional add-ons necessary, but also an excessive amount of modernized design work on the interior to make it look like a contemporary abode. A gray metal roof is the central focal point when visitors come down the driveway, along with the other natural colors used for the place that help to blend the abode in with the surrounding forest area.
The Kim Residence by (fer) Studio Keeps Cool All Year Round
1. Energy-efficient Homes - The use of reflective paint to regulate temperature in the Kim Residence demonstrates the growing trend towards energy-efficient homes.
2. Modernizing Older Homes - The Kim Residence renovation of a 1950s home shows the trend of modernizing and upgrading older homes to meet current design and energy standards.
3. Incorporating Environmentally-friendly Materials - The use of natural colors in the Kim Residence design highlights the trend of incorporating environmentally-friendly materials in home construction and design.
1. Home Construction - The trend towards energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly designs presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the home construction industry.
2. Home Renovation - The trend of modernizing and upgrading older homes to meet current design and energy standards presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the home renovation industry.
3. Paint and Coatings - The trend towards energy efficiency and innovative materials in home design presents opportunities for the paint and coatings industry to develop new products like reflective paint.