Plastic is continuing to cause concern on a global basis given how pervasive it is in the market and how it's affecting the environment, so brands are taking initiatives as seen with this new innovation from Kettle Brand chips.
The brand has unveiled a new packaging at the Natural Products Expo West that has a three-film design instead of its traditional five-layer packaging. This results in a 43% reduction in the amount of plastic used, while also helping the brand to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 51% on a yearly basis.
Senior Brand Manager for Kettle Brand Julie Balzer spoke on the new initiative saying, "The fact of the matter is, packaging—be that for food or otherwise—is taking a measurable toll on the planet. While we continue to look for fully recyclable or biodegradable options that still protect product quality and work within our recycling systems, our immediate focus is on reducing our impact overall. This latest version represents a significant improvement, while also making it much easier to open our bags – something fans have long asked for."
Image Credit: Kettle Brand
Kettle Brand Chips will Now be Packaged with 43% Less Plastic
1. Reduced Plastic Packaging - Brands are taking an initiative to reduce the amount of plastic used in their packaging, creating opportunities for sustainable and eco-friendly packaging solutions.
2. Multi-film Packaging - The use of multi-film packaging, instead of traditional five-layer packaging, is increasing, reducing the amount of plastic used and providing new ways to improve product quality.
3. Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction - Companies are focusing on reducing their greenhouse gas emissions, leading to the use of more sustainable practices and technologies that can help create innovative solutions to global issues.
1. Food and Snack Packaging - The food and snack packaging industry is exploring new packaging solutions that reduce the amount of plastic used, providing opportunities for brands to be more eco-friendly and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Sustainability Consulting - With companies looking to reduce their environmental impact, sustainability consulting is becoming more important than ever to help them develop and implement sustainable practices and technologies.
3. Green Technology - The use of green technology, such as sustainable packaging solutions and processes, is becoming an increasingly important aspect of many industries, as companies strive to reduce their environmental footprint.