The majority of consumers waste a fair bit of the food that they purchase, so the 'BluApple' is an accessory that works to keep produce fresh for far longer in order to do away with the experience of finding rotting items in the fridge.
The 'BluApple' works by being placed in your produce drawer and absorbing the ethylene gas that is emitted from fresh fruits and vegetables that can lead to foods ripening far quicker and thus leading to spoilage quite fast.
A single 'BluApple' is intended to be placed in the fridge with your fresh food items and work for up to three months before requiring the internal packet to be replaced. This will come as welcome news to those who want to keep produce fresh in their fridge to reduce waste and save money.
The 'BluApple' Works to Keep Produce Fresh for Far Longer
1. Freshness-preserving Accessories - Creating fridge accessories that help to preserve fruits and vegetables is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the food industry.
2. Ethylene Gas Absorbing Technology - Developing technology that can absorb ethylene gas emitted from fresh produce is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the kitchen appliance industry.
3. Food Waste Reduction Solutions - Developing solutions to reduce food waste at home can create disruptive innovation opportunities in the sustainability industry.
1. Kitchen Appliance Industry - Creating new products that help preserve fresh produce in fridges can disrupt the kitchen appliance industry and provide reusable solutions to consumers.
2. Food Industry - Working on ways to reduce food waste can create disruptive innovation opportunities and benefit the food industry by reducing production needs.
3. Sustainability Industry - Creating new approaches to reduce food waste at home can significantly reduce the carbon footprint, creating opportunities for disruptive innovation in the sustainability sector.