This Karlie Kloss W Magazine shoot creates a persona more similar to Cruella DeVille than Marilyn Monroe for the normally sultry supermodel. Kloss represents the classic female villain in flawlessly pale makeup, impossibly black hair and red eyeshadow.
The menacing look on the model's face adds to the looming tone of the series. Ironically entitled 'Where Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops,' the series is set on a sunny farm to contrast the macabre styling.
Ultimately, the Karlie Kloss W Magazine shoot induces a sense of wonder, fantasy, and a bit of fear.
The Stunningly Sinister Karlie Kloss W Magazine Spread
1. Villainous Fashion - There is an opportunity to disrupt the traditional notion of fashion by exploring more villainous and macabre themes in fashion shoots and editorials.
2. Dark Fantasy Beauty - Beauty brands could create more products aimed at those who enjoy a darker aesthetic, such as pale foundation, black hair dye, and red eyeshadow.
3. Elevated Villainous Imagery - There is an opportunity to explore more elevated forms of villainous imagery through photographs, paintings, and other artistic mediums.
1. Beauty - There is an opportunity for beauty brands to create darker and more villainous themed products and campaigns.
2. Photography - There is an opportunity for photographers to explore more villainous and macabre themes and create elevated villainous imagery for fashion shoots and editorials.
3. Fashion - There is an opportunity for the fashion industry to explore more villainous and macabre themes in their designs and runway shows.