Although a plain kale chip recipe usually tastes pretty good on its own, this one from The Edgy Veg suggests a seasoning that tastes just like Doritos chips.
In order to mimic the cheesy, nacho flavor, the recipe calls for all-natural ingredients like garlic, lemon, a red bell pepper and cashews. These ingredients also help to thicken the sauce and give the pieces of kale something to stick to. On top of this, the recipe also includes nutritional yeast, which is known for its super cheesy flavor and B12 benefits, plus spices like chili powder, cumin, smoky paprika, salt and onion powder. The recipe is more or less like making plain kale chips, except with an awesome sauce that is spread on before the snack goes into the oven or dehydrator.
This Cheesy Vegan Kale Chip Recipe Mimics the Flavor of Doritos
1. Vegan Junk Food - Vegan alternatives to classic junk food flavors are on the rise, presenting a disruptive innovation opportunity for plant-based food companies.
2. All-natural Snacks - Consumers are seeking healthier snack options, creating an opportunity for companies to innovate with all-natural ingredients and seasonings.
3. DIY Healthy Snacks - As consumers aim to reduce their intake of processed foods, the trend of DIY healthy snack-making is growing, presenting an opportunity for recipe sites and food bloggers to create and share unique, wholesome recipes.
1. Plant-based Food - The plant-based food industry can capitalize on the trend of vegan junk food by offering innovative products that mimic traditional snack flavors, but with animal-free ingredients.
2. Healthy Snacks - The healthy snacks industry can appeal to consumers seeking all-natural, nutrient-dense snack options by creating innovative products and flavor combinations using natural ingredients.
3. Recipe Sites and Food Bloggers - The rising trend of DIY healthy snacking presents an opportunity for recipe sites and food bloggers to create and share unique, wholesome recipes that cater to health-conscious audiences.