In an effort to make concerts even more immersive than they already are, the content agency Juniper Jones has partnered with the band Starset to offer concert-goers an "other-worldly" AR-infused experience.
After downloading the Starset app, viewers were able to view an AR spaceship as it soared through the concert hall and landed onstage. Other details were enhanced through the app, like the existing lighting, digital displays and project mapping. According to Kevin Robinson, Juniper Jones' CEO, encouraging people to view the concert through their phone screens is simply an "organic expansion" of what's already happening. As Robinson explains, "A lot of people at concerts have their phone up; they’re recording the show at the same time that they’re watching it. It actually feels like a natural thing to do. We’re augmenting that experience.”
Image Credit: Juniper Jones, Starset
Juniper Jones and Starset Launched an AR App for the Band's Tour
1. Ar-infused Concerts - AR technology can enhance live music experiences for fans and offer new branding and marketing opportunities for artists and content agencies.
2. Interactive Event Technology - Technology integration at live events like concerts helps create immersive, interactive brand experiences for attendees.
3. Mobile Augmented Reality - The use of mobile AR apps at live events can offer a new layer of engagement and entertainment for audiences.
1. Music Industry - The music industry can leverage AR technology to create new revenue streams and enhance concert experiences for fans.
2. Event Production - Event marketers and producers can use AR technology to transform traditional events into interactive, immersive experiences.
3. Mobile App Development - Mobile app developers can capitalize on the growing trend of AR integration in live events to create innovative, engaging experiences for audiences.