Julia Sonmi Heglund is an illustrator from Madison, WI whose work will bring you back to your childhood. The work that Heglund does is abstract but very vivid, giving the feeling that they're in their own free-form world of imagination.
The work that Heglund does is easily classified as fantasy with a slight nod to pop culture. Colors and chic images that Julia Sonmi Heglund chooses for her pieces make for something that wouldn't look out of place on a t-shirt, but would look equally as appropriate framed in an exhibit.
These Julia Sonmi Heglund Illustrations are Child-Like and Colorful
1. Lyrical Illustration - Exploring the use of vivid colors and imagery to create abstract, child-like artwork that is emotionally evocative.
2. Pop Culture Aesthetics - Incorporating elements of pop culture into imaginative artwork to create visually appealing and relatable pieces.
3. Fantasy Art - Embracing surrealism to create artwork that transports viewers to an imagined world.
1. Art and Design - Incorporating techniques from abstract and surreal art into mainstream graphic design.
2. Fashion - Using design elements from surreal art to create visually striking apparel and accessories.
3. Entertainment - Creating fantastical worlds and characters for movies, television, and video games using the techniques of surreal art.