Joby Aviation acquires Uber Elevate to expand the partnership between the two parent companies. In addition, Uber Technologies announced that it has agreed to invest $75 million in Joby to launch the future of ride-hailing successfully. Joby Aviation is a transportation company developing an all-electric, passenger aircraft.
The two-parent companies have also agreed to integrate their respective services into each other's apps. Thus, the partnership aims to enable seamless integration between ground and air travel for its users. CEO of Joby Aviation, JoeBen Bevirt, explains: "The Team at Uber Elevate has not only played an important role in our industry, but it has also developed a remarkable set of software tools that build on more than a decade of experience enabling on-demand mobility."
Image Credit: Joby Aviation
Joby Aviation Acquires Uber Elevate to Begin Operating in 2023
1. Electric Passenger Aircraft - There is an opportunity for transportation companies to develop electric passenger aircraft and disrupt the traditional airline industry.
2. Integration of Ground and Air Travel - Companies can innovate by integrating their ground and air travel services, providing a seamless travel experience for customers.
3. Investment in the Future of Ride-hailing - Ride-hailing companies can invest in the future of transportation by backing and partnering with electric passenger aircraft developers.
1. Transportation - The transportation industry can disrupt traditional air travel by investing in electric passenger aircraft and integrating them with their ground travel services.
2. Ride-hailing - Ride-hailing companies can innovate by investing in the development of electric passenger aircraft and integrating them with their ground travel services.
3. Software and Technology - There is an opportunity for software and technology companies to develop tools that enable the seamless integration of ground and air travel for transportation companies.