A jicama recipe is shared by Kroger — a United States' supermarket chain that has been accredited to be the largest in its category by revenue. Appearing online on the company's recipe roaster, the beverage intends to draw consumer attention to an ingredient that is relatively unknown, as well as drive traffic to the brand's offerings. If interested in the jicama recipe, consumers can click the 'Shop Ingredients' button to purchase through Kroger's website.
The jicama juice is relatively easy to make and it takes a total of five minutes. One needs to acquire jicama, spinach, beets, lemons, and an orange. The use of an electronic juicer is encouraged. After the jicama has been processed, consumers can begin adding other ingredients and blending them together. Finally, the jicama recipe is recommended to be served over ice.
Kroger Embraces a Jicama Recipe in the Drinking Category
1. Undiscovered Ingredients - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to innovate with lesser-known ingredients like jicama and draw consumer attention to new flavors and products.
2. Online Recipe Sharing - Online recipe sharing can be a disruptive innovation for brick-and-mortar retail stores or other non-food industries, allowing them to capitalize on their existing customer base.
3. Fast and Healthy Beverages - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to offer convenient, fast, and healthy beverage options, tapping into growing demand for nutritious offerings and convenience.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Jicama-based beverage recipes offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create new and unique flavors, while also capitalizing on growing consumer demand for healthy products.
2. Online Retail Industry - Innovative companies can create online recipe sharing platforms, outside of the food and beverage industry, to add value to their existing customer base and potentially attract new customers.
3. Juice and Smoothie Bar Industry - Jicama-based beverages can be a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for juice and smoothie bar companies to add unique and nutrient-dense offerings to their menus.