Photographer Jesús Chapa-Malacara was going through an artistic rut when he decided to take his own personal background of being a dancer into consideration for his next piece of work.
Chapa-Malacara told Mashable, “I know first-hand how dancers spend a lot of time thinking about all the movement in between the poses that most people think of as dance.” He wanted to tell that story. Jesús wanted his photographs to document as much of dance as a language as he possibly could. Each individual photo captures one specific movement within the glossary of all ballet moves.
He wanted to push the boundaries of traditional photography because it is so easy to use Photoshop to manipulate photo these days. The pictures are striking and strong, with a soft edge.
Jesús Chapa-Malacara's Photos Demonstrate The Art of Dance
1. Dance Photography as Art - Exploring the artistic potential of capturing movement in a single frame.
2. Innovation in Traditional Photography - Pushing the boundaries of traditional photography by incorporating new techniques.
3. Using Personal Backgrounds as Inspiration - Incorporating personal experiences and knowledge to fuel creativity.
1. Photography - Exploring new techniques and styles for capturing images.
2. Dance - Using photography to tell the story of dance through movement and technique.
3. Fashion - Utilizing alternative photography techniques to capture unique and eye-catching images for fashion campaigns.