Two years ago, an author from the blog Mental Floss, stumbled upon a very secretive website. The site displayed a series of photos taken with a Polaroid camera, one a day, over a span of 18 years.
These photos were of an undisclosed subject's everyday life, displaying walks in the park, dinners with friends and ultimately, hospitalization and death. The subject was filmmaker Jamie Livingston.
Jamie Livingston released his project online, entitled "Photo of the Day," anonymously. The project's original site can be seen at the links provided.
Filmmaker Jamie Livingston Took a Photograph Each Day for 18 Years
1. Daily Photo Projects - Opportunity for websites or app developers to create platforms for people to document their lives with daily photos.
2. Long-term Time-lapse Photography - Potential for photographers to create similar projects using time-lapse photography technology.
3. Narrative Photography - Emerging trend in photography where photos are used to tell a story or a sequence of events.
1. Photography - Photography businesses have the opportunity to capitalize on the trend of narrative photography and time-lapse photography to create new revenue streams.
2. Social Media - As people are increasingly sharing their everyday life online, social media companies can expand their platform to include new features that allow users to document and share their daily lives through photos.
3. Healthcare - Hospitals and healthcare providers can utilize time-lapse technology to document patients' physical transformations over time for diagnostic and research purposes.