This year, MLB fans can toast with an ice cold pint of Budweiser's new Jackie Robinson beer. Created in honor of what would have been the pitcher's 100th birthday, the new brew is a true collector's item.
Budweiser's new Jackie Robinson Beer pays tribute to the heroic achievements of the baseball player, both on and off the field. The beer is sold in sleek aluminum bottles, which are branded with the pitcher's number, 42. Fittingly, "42 cents from every bottle sold during the 2019 MLB season will be donated to the Jackie Robinson Foundation to help support the Jackie Robinson Museum opening in New York City this year."
For fans looking to learn more about Robbinson, Budweiser also collaborated with director Spike Lee to create a film about how Robbinson broke color barriers after years of segregation.
Image Credit: Budweiser.
Budweiser is Selling a Jackie Robinson Beer for His 100th Birthday
1. Themed Beverages - There is an opportunity to create and market themed beverages to commemorate public figures and significant milestones, generating demand from collectors and fans.
2. Charitable Partnerships - Charitable partnerships that simultaneously promote a brand's products and raise funds for notable causes can be a positive way to differentiate from competitors and appeal to socially conscious consumers.
3. Collaborative Marketing - Collaborative marketing between product manufacturers and notable filmmakers or artists offers a unique opportunity to generate a buzz for a product release while simultaneously building brand awareness and contributing to meaningful industries and causes.
1. Beverage Manufacturing - Manufacturers of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages have an opportunity to develop themed products and partner with notable causes to generate buzz and satisfy collector and fan demand.
2. Charitable Organizations - Charitable organizations and foundations can benefit from partnerships with brands to raise awareness and funds for causes while simultaneously promoting partners' products and services.
3. Entertainment - Collaborations between leading filmmakers and notable figures can increase buzz for both parties and contribute to efforts to diversify the entertainment industry.