Greg Lauren worked with New York retail label KITH on the new Ivy League Draft collection for the Fall/Winter 2018 season. The new collection is comprised of 26 pieces in total, featuring knitwear, outerwear options, shirts, underwear, hoodies, pants and more. KITH's Ronnie Fieg helmed the collection and the pieces draw inspiration from the dystopic concept of Ivy league students being drafted to war. This design cue was broken down and Greg Lauren took it under his direction to fuse aesthetics of both labels.
Some details of the capsule include paint splatters, distressed pieces and mixed materials. The pieces are highly limited, with only three pieces constructed in each style. The Ivy League Draft collection dropped in Manhattan and Los Angeles on November 9th, with an online launch the following day.
KITH and Greg Lauren Designed the Ivy League Draft Capsule
1. Dystopic Fashion - The concept of dystopian societies and war can be applied to other fashion collections, offering unique design cues.
2. Limited Edition Capsules - The high demand for limited edition apparel collections presents an opportunity for businesses to tap into exclusive markets.
3. Mixed Material Designs - Using multiple materials in clothing design can add a unique visual element and contribute to a brand's identity.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can experiment with dystopic and militaristic designs to offer edgier collections that cater to a different demographic than their traditional audience.
2. Retail - Retail companies can create limited edition apparel collections to appeal to customers looking for unique and exclusive clothing items.
3. Textile Manufacturing - Textile manufacturers can produce mixed material fabrics to cater to fashion designers who want to create unique clothing pieces.