Urbana Studio's Rob Ley has designed an interactive facade made from 7,000 metal panels at the Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis.
The facade, which is attached to the hospital's parking structure, aims to draw attention to an infrastructural form that is often overlooked and under-appreciated. The artistic facade transforms an otherwise nondescript complex into an appealing synthetic topography.
By orienting the angled metal panels according to an accompanying color scheme from east to west, the architect ensured that visitors are greeted with a dynamic visual experience that changes according to their vantage point. Guests driving through the hospital grounds will experience a gradual shift in color and transparency, while those driving along the bordering highway will see a faster, more dramatic change corresponding to their speed.
This Interactive Facade Changes According to Your Position
1. Interactive Facades - There is an opportunity for businesses to incorporate interactive facades into their architecture, transforming static structures into dynamic visual experiences.
2. Renewed Attention to Infrastructure - Businesses can take advantage of the trend towards drawing attention to overlooked infrastructural forms by incorporating artistic and visually appealing designs into their projects.
3. Dynamic Visual Experiences - There is a demand for creating architecture that offers a changing visual experience based on the viewer's position, providing businesses with opportunities to create unique and engaging spaces.
1. Architecture - Architects can explore integrating interactive facades into their building designs, offering clients a visually dynamic experience.
2. Construction - The construction industry can capitalize on the trend of drawing attention to overlooked infrastructural forms by incorporating artistic elements into their projects, attractive to clients looking for visually appealing buildings.
3. Hospitality - Hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality businesses can incorporate dynamic visual experiences into their spaces to create unique and captivating environments for guests.