Ahead of the release of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens,' UK supermarket chain Tesco partnered with experiential marketing agency N2O to launch a series of in-store Star Wars activities for fans. The interactive events were carried out in 268 Tesco locations and featured N2O brand ambassadors on-site to help visitors make the most of the engaging experience.
The in-store Star Wars events included movie-inspired treasure hunts, coloring and LEGO-building sessions, as well as the opportunity to try out the new series of Lightsaber toys. Specifically, the activations served as a great introduction to and education on the Bladebuilder Lightsaber product, which allows fans to mix and match parts to create their dream custom Lightsaber. Tesco also invited customers to dress up in costume when attending the in-store Star Wars events and offered face-painting services on-site.
A Series of In-Store Star Wars Activities Delight Tesco's Customers
1. Experiential Marketing - Opportunity for brands to create interactive and engaging experiences for customers.
2. In-store Events - Growing trend of hosting unique events in retail stores to attract and engage customers.
3. Branded Partnerships - Increasing collaboration between brands and experiential marketing agencies to create memorable experiences.
1. Retail - Retailers can leverage in-store events to drive foot traffic and enhance the customer experience.
2. Entertainment - Movie studios and toy companies can collaborate with retailers to promote new releases and engage fans through in-store activities.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Experiential marketing agencies can partner with brands to design and execute immersive in-store experiences.