These Ingredion Vitessence Prista pea and faba bean concentrates are being launched as a lineup of solutions for product manufacturers to add into recipes when looking to improve nutrition, taste and more.
The concentrates are said to not offer a bitter taste, plant flavor or uncontrolled microbial levels, which are often found in dry-milled products. The concentrates are achieved using the brand's proprietary process that allows for a wide range of implementations across dairy alternative yogurt, drinks, cheese, nutrition mixes, ice cream, vegan dressings and sauces, and more.
Business Development Manager Platforms at Ingredion, Europe Esra Akmanli spoke on the new Ingredion Vitessence Prista pea and faba bean concentrates saying, "Consumers are more likely to try brands with claims of ‘natural’ and ‘healthy’ ingredients, such as ‘protein’, ‘plant-based’ and ‘gluten-free’. With Vitessence Prista, formulators can develop products that boast a delightful balance with an improved taste profile, lighter colour, low microbial count and superior functionality to meet consumer needs for products that truly delight."
Image Credit: Ingredion
Ingredion Vitessence Prista Pea and Faba Bean Concentrates are Non-Soy
1. Plant-based Food Additives - The success of pea and faba bean concentrates as a non-soy alternative presents an opportunity for the food industry to explore other plant-based food additives for improved nutrition and taste.
2. Natural and Healthy Ingredients - Consumer preference for brands with natural and healthy ingredients can spur innovation in the food industry towards more wholesome products using ingredients such as 'protein', 'plant-based', and 'gluten-free'.
3. Protein Enrichment - There is an opportunity for the food and nutrition industries to explore pea and faba bean concentrates as a source of protein enrichment in a variety of products.
1. Food Manufacturing - Food manufacturers can consider using the pea and faba bean concentrates in various products to cater to consumer preferences towards natural, healthy and plant-based alternatives.
2. Nutrition and Health - The use of pea and faba bean concentrates as protein sources allows for the creation of functional food products to meet nutrition and health needs.
3. Agriculture and Farming - The success of pea and faba bean concentrates in the food industry presents an opportunity for farmers to explore and invest in growing these crops as a profitable alternative to soybeans.