Vault by Vans has tapped Imran Potato for a sneaker collection featuring the artist’s whimsical artwork. The DIY artist has developed a cult-like following due to his distinct retro-style graphics, custom sneakers, and reimagined luxury logos.
The collection consists of the ‘KNU SKOOL VR3 LX’ and ‘SK8-HI VR3 LX’ silhouettes decorated in Imran Potato’s patterns and illustrations. The sneaker designs include a cheetah print, uniform black and white, and three human hand-decorated ‘SK8-HI VR3 LX.’ When discussing the hand sneakers, Vans explains: “The concept is an inspired evolution of the viral and satirically comical Potato Caveman Slippers,” a previous Imran Potato design that went viral for its commentary on footwear.
The brand also furthers its commitment to sustainability with this collection, aiming to utilize “100% regenerative, responsibly sourced renewable and recycled materials [by] 2030.”
Image Credit: Vault by Vans
Vault by Vans Taps Imran Potato for Creative Take on 'VR3 LX' Silhouettes
1. Retro-inspired Artwork on Sneakers - Brands can tap into the nostalgia market by collaborating with artists known for their retro styles to create distinct and unique designs.
2. Satirical Footwear Designs - Creating footwear that provides commentary on consumer trends or industry practices can generate buzz and establish a brand's reputation for disruptive innovation.
3. Sustainable Sneaker Materials - Committed use of renewable materials can bolster not only the brand's environmentally responsible image but also introduce innovative materials within the industry.
1. Footwear Manufacturing - Collaboration with artists and designers can lead to unconventional designs and evoke consumer interest, opening up new market segments.
2. Fashion and Apparel - Incorporating sustainability goals for all clothing products can drive disruptive innovation and create environmentally conscious customization options in the industry.
3. Sustainable Sourcing - Developing and providing sustainable materials to the fashion and footwear industry can position a company as an industry leader in driving global eco-conscious solutions.