Imagindairy is an Israeli start-up that's helping to reduce the need to rely on animal proteins, since it creates animal-free dairy proteins that are said to be indistinguishable from the real thing thanks to a precision fermentation process. By creating true milk proteins in a way that involves no animals, the solution is one that's environmentally conscious and appealing to consumers for its reduced impact on the environment.
The start-up's nature-identical, animal-free versions of whey and casein proteins are said to have the flavor, texture, functionality and nutritional value of their animal-based counterparts. Potentially, dairy-like products could be created that have no cholesterol, lactose or GMOs. Notably, Eyal Afergan, PhD, Co-founder and CEO of Imagindairy says "Imagindairy's animal-free dairy products boast the same complement of nutrients, from protein content to mineral composition, including calcium."
Imagindairy Creates Guilt-Free True Milk Proteins with Fermentation
1. Animal-free Dairy Proteins - Imagindairy's fermentation process to create indistinguishable animal-free dairy proteins could disrupt the dairy industry.
2. Environmentally Conscious Food Production - Imagindairy's animal-free dairy process could disrupt traditional dairy production by offering an eco-friendly alternative.
3. Customizable Precision Fermentation Techniques - Imagindairy's precision fermentation techniques to create true milk proteins could potentially be applied to other foods, creating new opportunities in the fermentation industry.
1. Dairy Alternatives - Imagindairy's animal-free dairy proteins could offer a sustainable alternative to traditional dairy products.
2. Plant-based Protein - Imagindairy's precision fermentation could disrupt the plant-based protein market by offering an animal-free alternative with comparable nutritional value.
3. Food Technology - Imagindairy's precision fermentation techniques could disrupt the food technology industry with potential applications in creating other customized, sustainable food products.