The 'I'm Terribly Awkward with Boys' Tumblr features the work of New York-based illustrator Mindsay Mohan, a self-proclaimed awkward boy-lover.
Certain featured drawings are heartbreaking and sentimental, while others are hilariously honest. Sassier pieces include a drawing of a beehive-sporting girl with the words, "You texted me while I was making breakfast w/ my new boyfriend. You said you had dreamt about me. Keep dreaming." Mindsay Mohan, whose artist name I absolutely love for the Lindsay Lohan tie-in, also includes drawings of boys who love boys, as one piece declares, "I can't wait to divorce you. In one of the states that actually offers you and I marriage, of course."
If you're looking for a laugh, or you want some awkward boy-loving support, the 'I'm Terribly Awkward with Boys' blog is the perfect place to start.
The 'I'm Terribly Awkward with Boys' Tumblr is a Study in Teen Romance
1. Teen Romance Illustrations - Mindsay Mohan's Tumblr of awkward boy-loving illustrations presents an opportunity to create new ways of presenting teen romance through illustrations.
2. LGBTQ+ Illustrations - Mindsay Mohan's illustrations also present an opportunity for increased representation of LGBTQ+ couples in popular media.
3. Humorous Drawings - The hilariously honest and sassy pieces from Mindsay Mohan illustrate the potential for humor as a tool for addressing sensitive topics.
1. Publishing - Mindsay Mohan's illustrations provide a new opportunity for publishers to bring out books on teen romance and/or LGBTQ+ representation.
2. Entertainment - The illustrations' humorous and sentimental value could translate into a sitcom or web series with potential for expansion to other formats.
3. Branding - The Tumblr presents a great opportunity for branding of marketing campaigns that are aimed at the teen audience, with a focus on romantic content.