Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, iconic Swedish furniture retailer IKEA Canada announced they will donate $2 million CAD to support local communities impacted by the outbreak of the virus. IKEA Canada’s donation is part of the Ingka Group’s global commitment to offer emergency relief efforts in all 30 countries in which it has operations.
“At IKEA, our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Now more than ever, we know that home is the most important place in the world,” said Michael Ward, CEO and Chief Sustainability Officer, IKEA Canada. “By providing home furnishings to some of our most vulnerable and at-risk communities, we ensure that not only are their basic necessities met, but also that their home is a place of comfort and safety when they need it most.”
Image Credit: IKEA Canada
IKEA Canada Commits Over $2m to Support Local Communities
1. COVID-19 Relief - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing innovative ways to provide emergency relief and support to communities impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Corporate Social Responsibility - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating socially responsible actions into business strategies to positively impact local communities and create a better everyday life.
3. Community Support - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with local communities to provide essential resources and contribute to their well-being during challenging times.
1. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transforming traditional business models by incorporating corporate social responsibility initiatives and contributing to local community development.
2. Non-profit - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging partnerships with companies and retailers to enhance impact and aid vulnerable communities through charitable donations.
3. Social Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reimagining service delivery models to provide more holistic support and resources to vulnerable and at-risk communities.