The 'if...pen' is a unique new pen that allows the user to write simply by squeezing the grip, meaning that there is no cap, clicking or twisting needed before writing. The sleek pen is made from Titanium. The pen looks minimalistic and its Single Motion Activation makes it very minimalist-friendly.
Designer Dave Colliver applied the premise of eliminate, combine, rearrange and simplify in designing this new pen. Colliver drew his inspiration from everyday products that blended "simple pleasure with style, quality and durability." The if...pen is designed for durability as well with the one-piece barrel and clip made of Titanium, so users will only need to replace ink.
All pens in the first release will be marked with '01' to signify it is a first edition. The pen is intended to be a fan favorite for both pen collectors and daily users.
The 'if...pen' is Designed with Simplicity in Mind
1. Squeezable Writing Tools - The 'if...pen' introduces a new way of writing by squeezing the grip, creating opportunities for innovative and ergonomic writing tools.
2. Minimalistic Design - The sleek and minimalist look of the 'if...pen' showcases the potential for minimalist design in various products and industries.
3. Titanium Products - The use of Titanium in the 'if...pen' suggests a trend towards incorporating Titanium into other consumer products, opening up opportunities for lightweight, durable, and high-quality goods.
1. Writing Instrument Industry - The 'if...pen' presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation within the writing instrument industry by introducing a novel and intuitive way of writing.
2. Product Design Industry - The minimalist design principles showcased by the 'if...pen' can inspire disruptive innovation in various product design industries, leading to visually appealing and functional products.
3. Materials Engineering Industry - The use of Titanium in the 'if...pen' highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in the materials engineering industry by exploring the capabilities and applications of Titanium in different consumer products.