Instead of serving dessert in a bowl or cone, why not shake things up a bit and try cookie ice cream cups? For a featured guest posts on Sugar and Cloth, Nanette of Cultural Chromatics put together this recipe, which will make you drool after only a few seconds.
With a little bit of shaping of the cookie dough in a muffin tray, a zapping in the oven and adding some sprinkles, these cups will be done in no time. After they are made you can heap in as much or as little ice cream as you would like. As Nanette says, the one hard part about this is debating whether or not to stuff the whole thing in your mouth at once, or attempting to be dignified!
These Ice Cream Cups are Made from Deliciously Edible Materials
1. Edible Serveware - The trend of creating edible cups and plates as a novel, eco-friendly way to serve food and drinks at events and parties.
2. DIY Desserts - The trend of creating and showcasing unique dessert recipes using simple, accessible ingredients and methods.
3. Interactive Dessert Experience - The trend of creating desserts that engage diners, encourage experimentation and offer a more personalized experience.
1. Food and Beverage - The food industry can capitalize on the trend of edible serveware by creating new, innovative products that are both practical and environmentally friendly.
2. Hospitality and Events - Hospitality and event companies can create unique, interactive experiences with DIY desserts that engage guests and create lasting memories.
3. E-commerce - E-commerce companies can capitalize on the trend of DIY desserts by selling specialized ingredients, molds and equipment for home cooks and pastry chefs.