Nikolay Boltachev is a Russian graphic designer who came up with a concept BMX Bike that uses hubless wheels -- see the gallery to see what I mean.
To continue his project, Boltachev needs to gather some more information about hubless wheels and magnetic bearings. He's hoping that online comments and tips from readers will help him crowdsource the missing pieces, so if you have any leads, share it with the audience!
Implications - These contemporary cruisers would definitely be a lighter and more stylish mode of transportation. They are cleaner and more simplistic-looking bikes, the perfect ride for chic urban areas. Bike in styles with one of these cutting edge hubless cycles.
The Hubless BMX Concept Bike by Nikolay Boltachev
1. Hubless Wheels - The development and implementation of hubless wheels in bicycles, skateboards, and other transportation modes presents an exciting opportunity for disruption in the transportation industry.
2. Magnetic Bearings - The use of magnetic bearings to replace traditional bearing systems in transportation technology offers an exciting opportunity for improved efficiency, reduced maintenance, and longer lifespan of equipment.
3. Crowdsourced Design - The trend of crowdsourcing design ideas and concepts, particularly in the field of transportation, presents a unique opportunity for innovation and collaboration with consumers.
1. Bicycle Manufacturing - With the emergence of hubless wheels and magnetic bearings, bicycle manufacturers have the opportunity to create lighter, sleeker, and more efficient designs that offer a competitive edge in the market.
2. Skateboard Manufacturing - The implementation of hubless wheels in skateboards presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the skateboard industry, offering increased stability, smoother rides, and a unique design aesthetic.
3. Transportation Technology - The combination of hubless wheels and magnetic bearings has the potential to revolutionize the transportation technology industry, providing greater efficiency, reduced maintenance, and longer lifespan for equipment such as trains, planes, and automobiles.