The LEGO x Walala 'HOUSE OF DOTS' is an interactive house designed by French artist and designer Camille Walala that makes use of an unlikely building material for playful results.
The building is built with a series of shipping containers that have been customized using more than two million LEGO building blocks. The house was built with the help of 180 children from the Kings Cross Academy along with a group of adult LEGO building fans. The building was displayed at Coal Drops Yard at King's Cross station in London and is outfitted with five rooms that are all vibrantly accented with the namesake building blocks.
Walala spoke on the LEGO x Walala 'HOUSE OF DOTS' saying, "It’s a joy to create a fun space where kids and adults can spontaneously express their creativity, make something beautiful and show off who they are. HOUSE OF DOTS captures all the exuberance and playfulness that people know me for, with something extra special: the chance to let your imagination go wild and create your own work of art. Oh, and a slide."
Image Credit: Tekla Severin / LEGO
The LEGO x Walala 'HOUSE OF DOTS' is Whimsical and Interactive
1. Interactive Building Blocks - The use of interactive building blocks in architectural designs opens up opportunities for playful and creative experiences.
2. Customized Shipping Containers - The trend of repurposing shipping containers and customizing them with unique materials allows for innovative and sustainable construction methods.
3. Collaborative Artistic Installations - Collaborative art installations, where children and adults can contribute to the creation process, foster a sense of community and inspire creativity.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry can explore incorporating interactive building blocks into their designs to create engaging and interactive spaces.
2. Construction - The construction industry can explore the use of customized shipping containers as a sustainable and cost-effective building solution.
3. Art and Design - The art and design industry can create more collaborative artistic installations that allow people of all ages to contribute and express their creativity.