The House of Cards by OGE Creative Group appeared as a part of the 2014-2015 Amsterdam Light Festival, displayed directly outside the city's central station. Running over New Years annually, the city's festival of light sees the canals illuminated with an array of commissioned works.
A clever installation layered with meaning, the House of Cards by OGE Creative Group highlights the paradoxical nature of a house of cards, which is both fragile and secure in nature, while the design pays homage to the city itself, which is also built on poles.
Each of the cards included in the House of Cards by OGE Group installation has been designed by an international artist with a unique relationship to the city, and the deck reveals itself in a choreographed order.
The OGE Creative Group is an Israeli agency specializing in street art projects and lighting design.
The House of Cards by OGE Creative Group is Illuminating
1. Light Installations - Interactive and choreographed light installations are becoming more popular, offering opportunities for innovative design and new experiences.
2. Public Art - Public art installations are increasing in popularity, providing opportunities for artists and creative agencies to showcase their work and engage with communities.
3. Smart Lighting - The integration of technology and smart lighting is rapidly advancing, offering opportunities for energy efficiency and customizable experiences.
1. Event Management - Event management firms can incorporate interactive light installations to create immersive experiences for attendees, differentiate from competitors, and enhance brand image.
2. Tourism - Cities and tourist destinations can commission large-scale light installations to attract visitors, increase foot traffic, and drive local economies.
3. Architecture - Architectural firms can integrate smart lighting into building designs to create modern and energy-efficient buildings that stand out, while also offering customizable experiences for residents and visitors.