In a city like Madrid, where the temperature is hot more or less year round, the sun is a crucial natural factor to consider when designing a home, and DL+A De Lapuerta Campo's 'House in Aravaca' is evidence of that. The home is precisely arranged such that it maximizes sunlight in the places where it's most needed while keeping the property shaded where necessary as well.
House in Aravaca is organized around a sunny garden on the property. The house is arranged with an L-shaped layout, and the interior angle of that shape surrounds the garden. The architects opted to include a porch and a pergola surrounding this garden as well, but these areas are more sheltered with shade to make them more comfortable throughout the entire year.
Image Credit: Miguel de Guzman
'House in Aravaca' Has a Porch and a Pergola
1. Maximized Sunlight Design - Designing homes that maximize sunlight in certain areas while providing shade in others, creating a more comfortable living environment.
2. L-shaped Layouts - Using an L-shaped layout to center a sunny garden within a home, enhancing the connection between indoor and outdoor spaces.
3. Porch and Pergola Integration - Integrating porches and pergolas into home designs to provide shaded areas for outdoor relaxation and enjoyment.
1. Architecture and Interior Design - Opportunities to incorporate innovative and practical design strategies to maximize sunlight and create comfortable living spaces.
2. Landscape Design - Creating and incorporating gardens strategically within home layouts to enhance the overall aesthetic and connection with nature.
3. Outdoor Furniture and Shade Solutions - Designing and manufacturing stylish and functional outdoor furniture and shade solutions to optimize comfort and enjoyment of outdoor spaces.