Boutique hotels have always been popular, but this re-imagined vacation space from HotelTonight is offering travelers the chance to sleep in an interior that looks more like an abstract painting than a hotel room.
This offering became available during NYC X Design 2018 when the Sight Unseen Offsite show offered one Brooklyn couple the opportunity to stay in this unique guest suite. The room features vivid colors and bold patterns which come together to confuse and delight the consumer. This unique use of design directly contradicts the expectations of a hotel, which typically feature subtle colors and conventional interior design themes. When asked about the room, the designer, Steven Bukowski noted that "Too often, hotel rooms are sterile, with nondescript furniture that’s meant to be invisible rather than noticed. This space is the opposite, with wall treatments that augment the perception of the room and reinforce the linear elements of the furniture."
HotelTonight Displayed This Re-imagined Hotel Room at NYC X Design
1. Abstract Hotel Rooms - Opportunity for hotels to offer unique and visually striking rooms that challenge traditional design expectations.
2. Boutique Hotel Experiences - Opportunity for boutique hotels to differentiate themselves by offering unconventional and artistic guest suites.
3. Bold Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to create innovative spaces that defy convention and spark consumer delight.
1. Hospitality - Opportunity for hotels to attract new customers and stand out in a competitive market.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for designers to showcase their creativity and push the boundaries of traditional hotel room design.
3. Art and Design Events - Opportunity for event organizers to feature unique installations that challenge perceptions of traditional spaces.