After taking the time to perfect its recipe, Portillo's has finally thrown its hat into the chicken sandwich wars with the debut of its new Spicy Chicken Sandwich and Hot Giardiniera Sauce.
Portillo’s originally began testing its new Spicy Chicken Sandwich earlier this year. And now, after a successful test run, the spicy sandwich is rolling out chainwide.
Of course, Portillo's is not the only chain with a chicken sandwich offering, which is why the brand has created a product that will stand out amongst the competition. The secret behind Portillo’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich is the brand's Hot Giardiniera Sauce, which is a creamy sauce infused with tangy pickled relish. In fact, this sauce is so delicious that the brand is even selling limited-edition bottles of it for a limited time.
Image Credit: Portillo's
Portillo’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich Features Hot Giardiniera Sauce
1. Spicy Chicken Sandwiches - There is an opportunity to create unique offerings in the crowded market of chicken sandwiches by incorporating unique flavors or sauces like the Hot Giardiniera Sauce.
2. Limited-edition Condiments - Limited-edition releases of popular condiments could boost sales for brands and create a sense of urgency among customers to try a product.
3. Local Cuisine-inspired Menu Items - Brands can look to local cuisine for inspiration in creating new menu items that attract customers seeking a unique dining experience.
1. Fast Food - Fast food companies can differentiate themselves from competitors by adding unique flavor profiles and sauces to their menu offerings.
2. Condiment Production - There is an opportunity for condiment producers to create limited-edition runs of popular products to increase sales and create buzz around a brand.
3. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can look to local cuisine to create unique menu items that attract customers and differentiate themselves from competitors.