This delicious homemade ice cream flavor takes inspiration from baking and combines it with a sweet summertime treat. Inspired by the citrus flavors found in lemon meringue, this delicious artisan treat is simple to make at home and doesn't require the help of an ice cream machine.
Lemon meringue pie is a classic staple filled with delicious citrus curd and fluffy whipped egg whites. These same flavors are embedded into this homemade ice cream with the addition of real lemon juice, whipped cream, agave and condensed milk. To emphasize the lemon coloring, add natural yellow food coloring to the mixture. Then the mix is frozen in a container and left to set till ready. Graham crackers are also added to the ice cream to replicate the texture and taste of pie crust.
This artisan ice cream recipe reflects how at-home chefs are combining popular dessert items to showcase familiar flavors with new and bold textures.
This Lemon Meringue Homemade Ice Cream is a Refreshing Flavor Combination
1. Baked-inspired Ice Creams - The combination of baked goods and ice cream presents an opportunity for innovative flavor pairings.
2. Artisanal Ice Creams - The popularity of handmade, high-quality ice creams creates an opportunity for unique flavor combinations.
3. Texture-driven Ice Creams - Adding unexpected textures to ice cream, such as graham crackers, presents an opportunity for playful and delicious flavor experiences.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Food companies can explore baked-inspired ice cream flavors to appeal to consumers' love of nostalgic flavors and textures.
2. Retail Industry - Retailers can showcase artisanal ice cream brands in their stores to attract customers with unique flavor offerings.
3. Hospitality Industry - Hotels and restaurants can offer texture-driven ice creams as a dessert option to provide a memorable dining experience for their customers.