This homemade cough drop recipe from the Hello Natural blog details how to make a healthy home remedy for a scratchy throat. Some of the best thing to use to soothe an itchy, dry throat include things like lemon and honey, which can both be found in this recipe.
In addition to these tried-and-true cough aids, other ingredients include water, cane juice, ground cloves and ground ginger. In order to prevent the cough drops from being too sticky on your fingers, it's recommended that they be coated with powdered sugar or cornstarch after the actual cough drop shapes have been formed. The recipe only takes about half an hour to prep, which is a great way to get instant relief at home if you're suffering from sickness.
These Natural, Homemade Cough Drops Turn to Nature for Healing
1. Natural Remedies - Opportunity for companies to develop and market natural alternatives to traditional cough drops.
2. DIY Health - Increasing interest in making homemade remedies provides an opportunity for businesses to offer DIY health kits or workshops.
3. Functional Ingredients - Growing demand for cough drops with functional ingredients like honey and ginger presents an opportunity for product innovation.
1. Health & Wellness - The health and wellness industry can explore the development of natural remedies for cough relief.
2. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can capitalize on the trend by offering DIY health kits or products with functional ingredients.
3. Food & Beverage - The food and beverage industry can create innovative cough relief products using natural ingredients like lemon and honey.