Walmart is hosting a Holiday Drone Light Show for select communities this year and sharing a livestreamed event for those who won't be able to see the sights in person. The contactless holiday event is branded as "an all-new magical experience" and it will have nearly 1,000 Intel drones flying to make three-dimensional seasonal shapes and characters, all choreographed to the tune of beloved holiday tracks. The event is designed to literally "help families end the year looking up," as the year has been a particularly challenging one.
This holiday season, consumers may not be able to go to all of their favorite retail destinations in person for holiday experiences but retailers are making an effort to bring the festivities to consumers with a variety of virtual or safely distanced events.
Image Credit: Walmart
Walmart is Creating a Festive Community & Livestream Event
1. Virtual Holiday Events - Retailers are creating virtual or distanced holiday events to bring festivities to consumers, presenting an opportunity for virtual event planning and digital marketing companies.
2. Holiday Drone Light Shows - Holiday themed drone shows that are contactless create new opportunities for drone manufacturers and event production companies.
3. Intel Drones - The use of nearly 1,000 Intel drones to create a light show displays the potential of using a large number of drones for art and outdoor events, encouraging innovation in drone technology and programming.
1. Event Planning - The need for virtual and distanced events creates opportunities for event planning companies to utilize technology and come up with creative solutions for unique events.
2. Drone Manufacturing - The use of drones in holiday light shows opens the door for drone manufacturers to design more creative and specialized drones for entertainment purposes.
3. Digital Marketing - The growing demand for virtual events creates an opportunity for digital marketing companies to reach audiences and drive engagement through social media and live stream promotions.