Why build a Panton chair when you can just carve your own out of wood like Peter Jakubik? The Hobby Panton chair was carved with a chainsaw out of a block of wood and is designed to look like the iconic Panton S chair from the legendary Dutch designer Verner Panton.
Jakubik created the Hobby Panton chair to show designers that making your own Panton chair is as easy as carving up a discarded stump. It may also be a good idea to familiarize yourself with a chain saw before you begin carving your own Panton S chair.
The Hobby Panton Chair Pays Homage to Verner Panton
1. Personalized Chair Design - Opportunity for individuals to create their own unique chair designs using unconventional materials like wood stumps.
2. DIY Furniture - Rising trend of people making their own furniture pieces using tools like chainsaws, providing an opportunity for tool manufacturers to cater to this growing market.
3. Homage to Design Icons - Increased interest in paying homage to iconic furniture designers by creating unique versions of their famous designs using alternative methods and materials.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Potential for furniture manufacturers to explore production techniques that allow for customizable and unique chair designs.
2. Tool Manufacturing - Potential for tool manufacturers to create specialized tools that cater to DIY furniture makers, such as chainsaws for carving up wood stumps.
3. Design Education - Opportunity for design schools or workshops to offer courses on unconventional chair design, providing individuals with the skills needed to create personalized furniture pieces.