Seattle fine dining restaurant Canlis is managing the COVID-19 pandemic by embracing a few different business models, including a high-end burger drive-thru, a bagel shop, and a home-cooked family meal service.
Canlis announced the change in business operations over Facebook: “Fine dining is not what Seattle needs right now, instead, this is one idea for safely creating jobs for our employees while serving as much of the city as we can.” Through the drive-thru, individuals can indulge not only in the restaurant's high-end burgers, but also its veggie melts, its well-known Canlis Salad, and ice cream sandwiches. The initiative is titled 'Drive On Thru' and is open from 11 am to 6 pm.
The Family Meal, on the other hand, boasts "a rotating selection of meals" and the goods are delivered to one's doorstep, along with wine.
Image Credit: Canlis
Canlis Bets on Take-Out, Drive-Thru, and Delivery During COVID-19
1. High-end Burger Drive-thrus - Creating high-end drive-thrus for gourmet food offerings.
2. Bagel Shops - Expanding into the bagel industry to offer a different dining experience.
3. Home-cooked Family Meal Services - Providing rotating family meals with doorstep delivery.
1. Fine Dining - Discovering innovative ways to adapt fine dining experiences during the pandemic.
2. Fast Food - Integrating high-quality ingredients and gourmet options into traditional drive-thru concepts.
3. Meal Delivery - Exploring new approaches for delivering family meals and expanding the market for at-home dining experiences.