K2 introduced heated snowboard boots in the style of two of its best-selling lines: the heated boots will be released as the Maysis Heat for men and the Sapera Heat for women. The boots currently offer three different heat settings and can provide warmth for up to 19 hours. A USB cable is used to charge the boot, and can fully charge the heaters in as little as seven hours. The heating elements used in the boot come in the form of Intuition Space Heaters liners with Therm-ic Heating Systems. K2 worked closely with Therm-ic to design these heated boots and was able to improve on the existing tech provided by Therm-ic.
In addition to the heating elements, the Maysis Heat and Sapera Heat both feature Boa coiler lacing and lightweight Vibram Pro Light Outsole. These two features work in conjunction with the heating elements to provide unprecedented comfort and high-end performance. These heated snowboard boots will be available in the winter of 2018.
K2's Line of Boots Features Heating for Comfort and Performance
1. Heated Snowboard Boots - The use of Intuition Space Heaters liners with Therm-ic Heating Systems opens up possibilities for other sports requiring extreme conditions.
2. Boa Coiler Lacing - The use of Boa coiler lacing in footwear for sports opens up the possibility of vastly improving the user's performance with its ease of use and quickness.
3. Vibram Pro Light Outsole - More sports shoe manufacturers can partner with Vibram to create lightweight soles that offer excellent grip and protection from harsh conditions.
1. Sports Footwear - Innovators can create footwear with heated liners, Boa coiler lacing, and Vibram Pro Light Outsole technologies for various extreme sports like skiing, hiking, and mountaineering.
2. Thermal Insulation - The development of new and advanced thermal insulation materials will revolutionize the production of clothing and can be utilized in safety gear, outdoor equipment, and extreme weather clothing products.
3. Usb-charging Products - Developers can design USB-charging products to cater to users who are always on-the-go and require their devices and equipment to be fully charged, particularly when outdoors.