Instead of cremations or burials, environmentally conscious people are looking for more sustainable ways to handle their remains when their time comes, and Hawaii Memorial Reefs has just such a proposition. The company allows people to use their remains to actively encourage the growth of sea life by mixing cremated ashes into "Reef Balls."
Reef Balls are rough, holey concrete structures that sit on the sea bed. These artificial casts are specially designed to encourage the growth of coral reefs. Coral needs to find a solid place in order to flourish, and the sea flora is agnostic to whether that base is natural or artificial. As such, Hawaii Memorial Reefs' Reef Balls are the perfect way to make one's final act environmentally friendly.
'Hawaii Memorial Reefs' Turns People's Remains into Coral Reefs
1. Eco-friendly Burials - Hawaii Memorial Reefs' innovative use of cremated ashes to encourage coral reef growth presents a sustainable option for burials.
2. Artificial Ocean Habitats - The use of Reef Balls by Hawaii Memorial Reefs highlights the potential for creating artificial habitats to support sea life.
3. Cremation Alternatives - The proposition by Hawaii Memorial Reefs allows individuals to opt for a new and unique way to handle their remains, beyond traditional cremation or burials.
1. Funeral Services - Funeral services can offer innovative and eco-friendly options for burials with products like Hawaii Memorial Reefs' Reef Balls.
2. Environmental Conservation - The environmentally-conscious aspect of Hawaii Memorial Reefs' proposition presents an opportunity to participate in ocean conservation efforts.
3. Artificial Reef Manufacturing - Companies can explore the manufacturing of artificial reefs like Hawaii Memorial Reefs' Reef Balls to support marine ecosystems and encourage coral growth.