In spirit of the holiday, these Harvey Nichols Halloween ads by Joaquín Alvarez Limón and Soham Chatterjee look to add a little bit of cheeky fun into the fight towards not only obtaining the latest fashions, but getting them at a slashed priced (literally and figuratively, by the looks of it).
Featuring a gruesome pair of arms literally clutching a clutch, a severed foot in a sparkly stiletto and a beautifully manicured hand that's been cut off but adorned with a diamond bracelet, the Harvey Nichols Halloween push us to think a little more loosely when it comes to the staunch fashion industry. The statement included to explain the ads explains, "When it comes to Harvey Nichols Halloween Sale one should fear the living shoppers more than the dead.
Because for such slaughtered prices shoppers can slaughter other shoppers to get whatever they want."
These Harvey Nichols Halloween Ads Blend Morbidity with Haute Couture
1. Morbid Fashion Ads - There is an opportunity for creative and daring advertising that blends concepts that are seemingly mismatched, such as morbidity and fashion.
2. Cheeky Halloween Campaigns - There is a growing trend of brands utilizing humor and lightheartedness in their Halloween campaigns, while still keeping the holiday's spooky theme in mind.
3. Discount Slaughters - Discounts that incentivize aggressive behavior may seem unconventional, but they can attract a certain consumer segment and create a buzzworthy marketing campaign.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands have an opportunity to push the envelope and stand out in a crowded market by taking risks with unconventional advertising methods.
2. Retail - Retailers can create memorable promotions during holiday seasons by tapping into the cultural zeitgeist and capturing the spirit of the occasion in unique ways.
3. Marketing - Marketers can experiment with unconventional campaigns that play on the emotions and psychology of consumers, such as using satire and humor to sell products or services.