Happy Cork is based in New York City's Brooklyn borough and features a Black-owned wine collection to support unique and delicious wine suppliers. This boutique wine and spirits shop holds tasting events every Wednesday and Friday to showcase some of its most unique flavors.
Customers can download the Happy Cork app to place online orders for pick up or delivery. As mentioned, the shop boasts an entire wall dedicated to Black-owned beverage companies. The expansive collection includes wines such as Maison Noir chardonnay from the owner of & Sons, as well as grande réserve brut from the Stuyvesant Champagne team. The featured wines are decorated with flower bouquets, elegant candles, wooden coasters, and marble wine glasses.
Image Credit: Happy Cork
Brooklyn's Happy Cork Features a Black-Owned Wine Selection
1. Black-owned Business Expansion - As more consumers seek out diversity in retail, there is an opportunity for further growth of Black-owned businesses like Happy Cork.
2. Wine E-commerce Platforms - The Happy Cork app provides a convenient platform for customers to order wine online, highlighting the potential for e-commerce in the wine industry.
3. Experiential Retail - Happy Cork's tasting events offer a unique and interactive way for customers to discover their favorite wines, indicating a potential for experiential retail in the wine industry.
1. Retail - With the rise in demand for diverse retail options, the wine industry has an opportunity to support and showcase Black-owned businesses like Happy Cork.
2. E-commerce - The success of the Happy Cork app suggests potential for more e-commerce platforms in the wine industry.
3. Hospitality - Happy Cork's tasting events demonstrate the potential for experiential retail in the wine industry, especially in the hospitality sector.