The Grommet Joint Stool is a intricately folded furniture piece by Cristoph Schindler and Margarita Salmeron Espinosa. The designer duo created their 3T stool concept with the use of carefully folded thin sheets that were assembled using a novel joint of standard grommets.
Inspired by the traditional art of origami, the Grommet Joint Stool achieves its stabilized and durable shape with a focus on complex geometries and spatial folding. The furnishing's joinery details 'act as structural support while simultaneously providing a grip and scratch resistance between stacked stools'.
This modern furniture piece combines a modern design aesthetic along with a compact and space saving design. Available in white, red, black and yellow finishes, these chic stool designs are a great way to refresh a small space.
The Grommet Joint Stool Features a Foldable Structural Frame
1. Foldable Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new folding techniques and materials to create versatile and space-saving furniture designs.
2. Origami-inspired Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Apply the principles of origami to various industries to create structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing products.
3. Stackable Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invent innovative stacking mechanisms and materials to enable compact storage and efficient use of space.
1. Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate technology and smart materials into furniture design, transforming traditional pieces into multifunctional and interactive products.
2. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new materials and construction techniques for interior design, offering customizable and space-efficient solutions for homes and offices.
3. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate origami-inspired elements into home decor products, adding artistic flair and functional versatility to interior design.